When it comes to cars, most people only know the basics. Engine, tires, brakes – those are the things that keep a car going. But there are many other parts of a car that are just as important, if not more so. In this blog post, we’re going to take a look at some of the most important parts of a car that you’ve probably never heard of.
1. The fuel pump assembly – This is one of the most important parts of a car, yet few people know what it is or what it does. The fuel pump assembly is responsible for delivering fuel from the tank to the engine. It’s a vital part of a car and without it, the engine would not be able to run.
2. The idler arm – The idler arm is responsible for keeping the tension on the timing chain tensioner. The timing chain tensioner is an important part of the engine that keeps the timing chain from becoming loose. If the idler arm were to fail, it could cause the timing chain to become loose and cause serious engine damage.
3. The air intake hose – The air intake hose is responsible for delivering air to the engine. Without adequate air flow, the engine will not be able to run properly and can suffer damage as a result.
4. The belt tensioner pulley – The belt tensioner pulley is responsible for keeping the tension on the serpentine belt. The serpentine belt powers many of the accessories in your car such as the alternator, power steering, and air conditioning compressor. If the belt tensioner pulley were to fail, it could cause the serpentine belt to come off and leave you stranded on the side of the road with a dead engine.
5. The window motor – The window motor is responsible for opening and closing your car’s windows. It’s a small part but an important one nonetheless. Without it, you would be stuck driving with your windows up or down depending on the weather outside.
6. The engine splash shield – The engine splash shield is responsible for protecting your engine from dirt, debris, and water that can cause damage. It’s an often overlooked part but a very important one nonetheless.
These are just some of the most important parts of a car that you’ve probably never heard of before. While they might not be as exciting as parts like the engine or brakes, they play a vital role in keeping your car running properly. So next time you take your car in for maintenance, make sure to ask your mechanic to check these parts too!