Dayco 5080962 | Serpentine Belt
Special Price $44.19 Regular Price $51.99
Out of stock
The Dayco® Poly Rib® Belt is designed for power transmission on heavy duty multiple-accessory drives. This Poly Rib belt is the latest version of the revolutionary multi-ribbed belt first developed by Dayco® for the 1979 Ford® Mustang®. The Dayco® Poly Rib® Belt is manufactured from an extreme temperature EPDM rubber and features a construction that uses a highly fiber loaded compound to maximize belt life and load carrying requirements while minimizing pulley misalignment noise. This belt offers excellent resistance to high under hood temperatures and ozone contamination. In addition, specially formulated treated cord insures length and tension stability on heavy duty diesel engine drives for the life of the belt. The Dayco® Poly Rib® Belt meets or exceeds SAE J1459 and SAE J2432 specifications.
- POLY RIB BELT, DAYCO
|Material||EPDM, Aramid Reinforced|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||100|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||212|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-42.7|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-45|
|Rib Profile||Straight Rib|
|Standards||SAE J1459, SAE J2432|
- CARQUEST: K080962HD
- NAPA: 25-080962HD
- Gates: K080964HD
- Freightliner Trucks: 01-23415-036
- Gates: K080962HD
- Cummins: 5335103
- ACDelco: K080962HD
- 2008-2008 Sterling Truck LT8500 - Position: Main Drive
- 2008-2009 IC Corporation CE Integrated - Position: Fan, Alternator and Water Pump
- 2009-2012 IC Corporation BE School Bus - Position: Fan
- 2008-2008 IC Corporation CE Commercial - Position: Fan, Alternator and Water Pump
- 2008-2010 Sterling Truck L8500 - Position: Main Drive
- 2008-2008 Freightliner M2 106 - Position: Main Drive
- 2008-2008 Sterling Truck LT7500 - Position: Main Drive
- 2010-2011 IC Corporation CE School Bus - Position: Fan, Alternator and Water Pump
- 2008-2010 Sterling Truck L7500 - Position: Main Drive
- 2010-2011 IC Corporation CE Commercial - Position: Fan, Alternator and Water Pump
- 2008-2008 Freightliner Business Class M2 - Position: Main Drive
- 2005-2007 Kenworth W900 - Position: Main Drive
Can a serpentine belt cause smoke?
Yes, a serpentine belt can cause smoke. A serpentine belt is an essential component of a vehicle's engine system. It drives various accessories such as the alternator, power steering pump, water pump, and air conditioning compressor. If the serpentine belt becomes worn, damaged, or misaligned, it can cause friction and generate smoke.
Why is my serpentine belt squealing?
The serpentine belt can squeal due to various reasons, including tension issues, worn-out belt, or a problem with the belt's pulleys.
Is my serpentine belt too tight?
If your serpentine belt is causing issues like excessive noise or accelerated wear on the pulleys, it may indicate that the belt is too tight.
Why did my serpentine belt come off?
Serpentine belts can come off due to factors such as belt wear, improper tension, misaligned pulleys, or a faulty tensioner.