How do I install Dorman shift linkage bushing?
To install a Dorman shift linkage bushing, follow these steps:
- Locate the shift linkage bushing on your vehicle's shifter linkage.
- Remove the old bushing if it is still present.
- Apply a small amount of lubricant to the inside of the Dorman bushing to aid in installation.
- Slide the Dorman bushing onto the shift linkage, making sure that it is properly aligned with the linkage.
- Use a rubber mallet or other soft tool to tap the bushing onto the linkage until it is fully seated.
- Check the shift linkage to ensure that it is properly aligned and functioning smoothly.