Dorman Products 264-909 Engine Valve Cover
Estimated Ship Date: 1 Business Day or Less
This replacement valve cover matches the fit and function of the original equipment part that may be damaged or warped. Made from quality materials for excellent fit and superior heat resistance, this valve cover has undergone extensive testing.
BRAND: Dorman - OE Solutions
- Direct replacement - this valve cover matches the original equipment part for fit and function
- Durable construction - this valve cover is made of quality materials to withstand extreme temperatures to resist leaking
- Quality tested - this part has undergone try-on and material testing to ensure a quality fit and reliable service
- Ford 2014-04, Lincoln 2014-05, Mercury 2010-06
- Valve Cover - Left Side
- Engine, Valve, Cover, Valves, Covers
- Cost-effective solution - offers original equipment performance at competitive price
- VALVE COVER
|Item Grade||Standard Replacement|
|Mounting Hardware Included||Yes|
|Oil Filler Cap Included||No|
|Package Contents||Valve Cover|
|Universal Or Specific Fit||Specific|
- Ford: 9L1Z6582C
- 2005-2010 Ford Mustang - Position: Left
- 2010-2010 Ford Explorer - Position: Left
- V8 281CID 4.6L
- 2006-2010 Mercury Mountaineer - Position: Left
- 2005-2010 Ford F-350 Super Duty - Position: Left
- 2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT - Position: Left
- 2004-2010 Ford F-150 - Position: Left
- 2005-2006 Ford Lobo - Position: Left
- 2006-2010 Ford Explorer - Position: Left
- 2009-2010 Ford Lobo - Position: Left
- 2005-2014 Lincoln Navigator - Position: Left
- 2005-2010 Ford F-250 Super Duty - Position: Left
- 2007-2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - Position: Left
- 2007-2008 Ford Lobo - Position: Left
- 24 Valve
- 2010-2010 Lincoln Mark LT - Position: Left
- 2005-2014 Ford Expedition - Position: Left
- 2013-2013 Lincoln Navigator - Position: Left
- V8 330CID 5.4L (5408cc)
Will an engine flush clean my pistons?
No, an engine flush is unlikely to clean the pistons.
How to replace engine pistons?
Replacing engine pistons involves removing the engine from the vehicle, disassembling it, removing the pistons, inspecting the engine components, installing the new pistons, reassembling the engine, and testing it. It's a complex process that should only be attempted by experienced mechanics.
When do engine pistons rings go bad?
Engine piston rings can go bad due to wear and tear, inadequate lubrication, overheating, manufacturing defects, or improper installation. Symptoms of failing piston rings include reduced engine power, increased oil consumption, and blue smoke from the exhaust. Regular maintenance and inspection can help identify potential issues.
Why do engine piston rings fail?
Engine piston rings can fail due to wear and tear, inadequate lubrication, overheating, manufacturing defects, or improper installation. Regular maintenance and inspection of the engine can help identify potential issues. Symptoms of failing piston rings include reduced engine power, increased oil consumption, and blue smoke from the exhaust.
Can you replace engine pistons rings without removing the engine?
Replacing engine piston rings without removing the engine is possible but not recommended due to the extensive disassembly required and the risk of damaging other engine components. A full rebuild or overhaul is generally more efficient and effective.
Can I use Dorman parts to replace OEM parts?
Yes, Dorman parts can often be used as replacements for OEM parts, but it is important to carefully compare specifications and ensure compatibility.
How do I install Dorman shift linkage bushing?
To install a Dorman shift linkage bushing, first locate the old bushing and remove it if necessary. Apply lubricant to the Dorman bushing and slide it onto the shift linkage, tapping it into place with a soft tool until fully seated. Check the alignment and function of the shift linkage after installation.
Where is Dorman manufactured?
Dorman is a global automotive parts supplier with manufacturing facilities in the United States, Mexico, Canada, China, and India. Its headquarters and largest manufacturing facility are located in Colmar, Pennsylvania, USA.